Financial Advisors and Liquid Alternatives - Insights and Opportunities 2015
It is within this context that Practical Perspectives examines liquid alternatives focused singularly on advisor attitudes and behaviors. This new 95 page, 88 exhibit report is our 4th annual survey of advisor use of liquid alternatives and extends previous research on this topic. The report offers detailed, data-driven observations and insights examining the ways advisors build portfolios with liquid alternatives and their needs and experiences in leveraging education, support, and training offered by product providers and distribution platforms. The intent of the report is to answer many key questions that relate to advisors and liquid alternatives so as to help asset managers, insurance companies, broker-dealers, and other sources focused on this market and audience. The findings and insights have relevance to sales, marketing, support, product development, and other key business development efforts of providers and platforms.
Click here to view Press Release
Click here to view Report Excerpt
- How much do advisors invest in liquid alternatives and what share of total assets managed does that represent?
- For what portion of their client base are advisors typically using liquid alternatives?
- What growth in liquid alternatives overall and for specific strategies can be anticipated in the next 12 months?
- What factors do advisors focus on when selecting the liquid alternatives they use most?
- How familiar are advisors with various alternative strategies and which do they currently use?
- How satisfied are advisors with the recent performance of liquid alternative strategies?
- Which factors are most important in education and support for liquid alternatives and how satisfied are advisors with this support?
- Which product providers do advisors use most often and which offer the most useful education and support?
- What types of education and support have advisors used in the past year and which are most important in the coming year?
- What are the key challenges for advisors using liquid alternatives?
- What are the key needs of advisors for education and support?
- What changes or enhancements are of greatest importance or interest to advisors?
- How comfortable are advisors with key aspects of using liquid alternatives?
- What differences exist across key channels in advisors and liquid alternatives?
- What are the characteristics of non-users and how likely are they to use liquid alternatives in the next 12 months?
Click here to view Table of Contents and List of Exhibits
This report is based on input from a broad cross-section of advisors across key channels – wirehouse, regional, independent, and RIA. In February 2015, advisors were asked to participate in a proprietary on-line survey regarding portfolio construction and education/support related to liquid alternatives. Respondents were not required to be current users of liquid alternatives to participate in the research. Advisors were randomly solicited across all delivery channels. Input from over 525 advisor surveys are the basis for this report. The research findings are provided for the overall sample as well as for key target segments by channel. These segments offer a deeper understanding of differences among the audience of financial advisors.
Report Ordering Information
- Price: The complete 95 page, 88 exhibit report is available for the preferred subscription price of $3,950. For more information or to order the report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-590-7290
- Report provided in digital format and includes presentation or discussion of key findings