Click here to download press release
Click here to download Table of Contents and List of Exhibits
Financial Advisors and Liquid Alternatives - Insights and Opportunities 2014
- How much do advisors invest in liquid alternatives and what share of assets managed does that represent?
- For what proportion of their client base are advisors typically using liquid alternatives?
- What is advisors preference for using pre-packaged or multi-strategy approaches rather than individual alternative strategies?
- Who are the heaviest users of liquid alternatives and how do they differ from other advisors?
- How has advisor use of liquid alternatives changed in the past year?
- What growth in liquid alternatives overall and for specific strategies can be anticipated in the next 12 to 24 months?
- What factors do advisors focus on in selecting liquid alternatives?
- What vehicles do advisors prefer to use to access liquid alternatives?
- What enhancements do advisors desire so liquid alternatives can better meet their needs?
- How familiar are advisors with various liquid alternative strategies and which strategies are they using for retail clients?
- How satisfied are advisors with how specific alternative strategies have performed?
- Which factors are most important in support for advisors using liquid alternatives and how satisfied are advisors with the support they receive from asset managers, insurance companies, and broker-dealers?
- How does advisor use of liquid alternatives vary across channels?
- What product providers do advisors most associate with liquid alternatives?
- What sources do advisors rely on when identifying and selecting liquid alternatives?
This report is based on input from over 500 advisors. In March 2014, advisors were randomly solicited to participate in an online survey. Respondents were surveyed across all delivery channels including wirehouse, regional, independent broker dealer, and RIA firms. Recognizing differences in advisor attitudes, behaviors, and needs regarding liquid alternatives, findings from the research are broken out by major channels and by assets managed in these solutions.
Report Order Information
- Subscription Price: $5,750 for report in PDF format
- Preferred pricing for clients who have purchased other reports in 2014
- Report purchase includes discussion session with report author to review findings and discuss specific implications