Click here to read Press Release
Click here to download the Table of Contents and List of Exhibits
Financial Advisors and Key Trends in Portfolio Construction 2015 - Active vs. Passive, Smart Beta, Active ETFs, and Liquid Alternatives
- How hands-on are advisors in making investment decisions?
- What sources influence advisor investment decisions?
- How do advisors use model portfolios to impact decisions?
- How reliant are advisors on style boxes to drive investment decisions?
- Which investment vehicles do advisors use most often to construct portfolios?
- How do advisors differ in their use of active and passive investments?
- How is advisor use of actively managed vs. passively managed solutions changing?
- How are advisors employing passively managed investments relative to actively managed investments?
- What factors are driving advisors to use passively managed solutions?
- For which investment categories do advisors prefer to use passively managed solutions relative to actively managed solutions?
- How is advisor use of various ways to access active and passive management likely to change in the next 12 months?
- For which investment categories do advisors have the greatest interest in using actively managed ETFs?
- What factors are most important to increase advisor consideration and use of actively managed ETFs?
- How much interest do advisors have in the new Eaton Vance approach to actively managed exchange traded solutions?
- What types of support and what forms of content are most important to advisors related to actively managed exchange traded products?
- How familiar and experienced are advisors with using Smart Beta solutions?
- Do advisors perceive Smart Beta as active or passive management?
- Which specific liquid alternative strategies are advisors most likely to use?
- How are advisors using liquid alternatives within portfolios and how is use likely to change?
- Which factors are most important to advisors in selecting liquid alternatives?
This report is based on input from a broad cross-section of advisors across key channels – wirehouse, regional, independent, and RIA. In April 2015, advisors were asked to participate in a proprietary on-line survey regarding portfolio construction. Advisors were randomly solicited across all delivery channels. Input from over 600 advisor surveys are the basis for this report. This was supplemented by additional research on liquid alternatives conducted in February 2015 with input from more than 525 advisors. The research findings are provided for the overall sample as well as for key target segments by channel. These segments offer a deeper understanding of differences among the audience of financial advisors.
Report Ordering Information
- Price: The complete 89 page, 84 exhibit report is available for the subscription price of $5,950. For more information or to order the report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-590-7290
- Report provided in digital format and includes presentation or discussion of key findings and insights