We bring dedication, intelligence, curiosity, energy, and vision to your service.
With more than thirty years of relevant financial services experience, we are intimately familiar with the issues that you
Howard Schneider, President and Founder
Howard has over twenty-five years of diverse business and management experience
in the financial services industry. Since founding Practical Perspectives in 2002, he has worked with a wide range of clients
to address critical strategic and competitive challenges. Prior to founding Practical Perspectives, he held a senior role
at Scudder Investments for over fifteen years. His responsibilities included marketing, planning, product and business development,
and client relationship management for both direct sold and intermediary delivered products and services. He is past Chairman
of the Mutual Funds Education Alliance, an industry trade association focused on investor education. He earned a B.S. in biology
from the State University of New York at Binghamton and an M.B.A. in marketing from New York University.
customized support can be applied in ways that fit your particular needs.
Examples of assignments we have recently undertaken include:
- Fielded qualitative
research for a large retirement plan provider considering ways to more effectively serve the needs of key plan sponsor clients.
- Researched key developments and issues facing brokers and advisors
who are involved with the distribution of retirement income solutions and services.
- Analyzed potential changes for a national insurance firm on how traditional life insurance solutions
should be delivered and supported among different types of advisors.
- Worked with a large broker-dealer to identify long-term trends impacting US retail market for wealth-related
products and services, including advice delivery.
the investment philosophy and brand positioning strategy for investment management division of larger financial services organization.
- Analyzed key market trends impacting the fee-based advisory market
including executing proprietary research targeting key advisor segments.
- Supported creation of distribution strategic plan for major retail fund group.
- Examined new business development strategies for leading broker
- Developed market entry strategy
for high net worth firm seeking to develop business within the foundation marketplace.
- Supported multiple spin-offs of major global multi-brand organization.
- Provided framework for internal strategic consulting group for a global insurance firm.
- Created roll out plan and recommendations for institutional money
manager seeking broader distribution.
competitive marketing strategies for national bank seeking insights into competitor efforts in major markets across the US.
- Developed segmentation methodology and analytics for advisor business
- Analyzed marketing strategies
for targeting discrete customer segments of major financial services firm.
- Examined competitor strategies in serving ultra-high net worth individuals.
marketing and business development strategies of investment firms targeting not-for-profit institutions.